Welcome to my blog! I am not much for following the new fads, but I do have a lot to say so I figure this would be a great medium to disperse my thoughts into the world. Depending on my schedule, I am going to try to write about a different topic each day. Topics will range from news stories to whatever the heck pops into my head on a given day, and believe me a lot of stuff pops into this head. I hope you enjoy a look at the world according to me…



Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Is There Anybody Out There?

Gotta love Pink Floyd, they asked it best. As I write this, I cannot help but wonder if there really is anyone out there who actually reads this. Are my blogs merely for my own pleasure or do they actually get shared with others who take a few minutes out of their day to read them? Unless a comment is posted on this blog page, I cannot actually tell if anyone has visited this site. However, I did receive a very nice note from an old middle school friend who likes the blog, thanks for the note!

I guess I’m having one of those reflective days where you wonder whether anything you are doing really matters or makes any difference in the grand scheme of things. Does anyone read this blog? If I stopped writing this blog, would it really matter? Does my job impact anyone or make a difference? Am I doing all I can to make a difference in this world? I recycle and I try to conserve energy, but beyond those simple things, I know there is more that I could be doing. Do you always know when you’re making a difference; even in just one person’s life? Unless people tell you or show you that you are making an impact, you may never know. Come to think of it, I cannot even recall the last time I told someone that impacted me that I appreciate him/her? Why not? I need to be better at that. I think we all should try to make a conscious effort to communicate more openly and honestly with each other. Reading minds and making assumptions never works and without communication we may never really know if anyone is out there…

2 comments: