Welcome to my blog! I am not much for following the new fads, but I do have a lot to say so I figure this would be a great medium to disperse my thoughts into the world. Depending on my schedule, I am going to try to write about a different topic each day. Topics will range from news stories to whatever the heck pops into my head on a given day, and believe me a lot of stuff pops into this head. I hope you enjoy a look at the world according to me…



Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Mother Nature – Hell Hath no fury Like a Woman Scorned!

And boy is she pissed…as evidenced by all the recent floods, fires, earthquakes, volcanoes and tornadoes. I swear, I have been recycling! But I do understand why she may be pissed, many people abuse this planet and we all certainly take it for granted one way or another. And like the movie 2012, these could be precursors for the end of the world. Perhaps those ancient Mayans were right; the end may be coming on December 21, 2012. But that is a topic for another day.

The reason for this post today is that a few friends and I have a trip planned for the Music City in 2 weeks. Yep, that Music City, the one that is currently under water. Just my luck that my only vacation in 2 years, (other than trips to visit family which cannot really be considered a ‘vacation’) is to a destination that is flooded. What are the odds of that? Well these days, quite good actually. So please cross your fingers with me that the flood waters recede and the city gets mostly back to normal. I could certainly use a vacation away to a fun destination. Nashville may not seem like a destination on the top of your travel list, but there is actually a lot to do there. Hopefully I will get to experience that and then tell you all about it when I return. Let the flood waters recede!

2 comments:

  1. Nashville will be fun no matter what and if not there is always Dollyywood!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooh good idea! we can just rent a motorboat!

    ReplyDelete