Welcome to my blog! I am not much for following the new fads, but I do have a lot to say so I figure this would be a great medium to disperse my thoughts into the world. Depending on my schedule, I am going to try to write about a different topic each day. Topics will range from news stories to whatever the heck pops into my head on a given day, and believe me a lot of stuff pops into this head. I hope you enjoy a look at the world according to me…



Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Music City, Here I come!

Yee haw! I am headed to Nashville on Thursday, and you have no idea how badly I need a vacation. It will be a fun time; days filled with sightseeing and nights filled with live music, dancing and honky tonks. Bring on the fun and bring on the fried chicken and biscuits. I cannot wait to enjoy some southern cooking! Supposedly there are a whole lot of bars, clubs and honky tonks with live bands every night and no cover charge, perfect! Since the flood waters have receded, mostly everything is now open, with the exception of Opryland and The Wild Horse Saloon. I am not upset about missing Opryland, but I do hope Wild Horse opens by this weekend. Overall, it seems we lucked out and we will be able to have a great trip despite the recent devastation that the city endured. And in a way, we will also be helping the Tennessee economy by going. I am also looking forward to The Nash Trash Tour, The Country Music Hall of Fame, and visiting Lynchburg – home of Jack Daniels distillery and Miss Mary Bobo’s Boarding House. It should be a blast!

No comments:

Post a Comment