Welcome to my blog! I am not much for following the new fads, but I do have a lot to say so I figure this would be a great medium to disperse my thoughts into the world. Depending on my schedule, I am going to try to write about a different topic each day. Topics will range from news stories to whatever the heck pops into my head on a given day, and believe me a lot of stuff pops into this head. I hope you enjoy a look at the world according to me…



Monday, May 10, 2010

Thought I was Outside My Comfort Zone

But as it turned out; I just didn’t give myself enough credit. Trying new things may seem scary and intimidating, but actually they don’t really have to be. This past weekend, I went away for the first time ever by myself. I have several friends who love to travel alone, golf alone and even go to movies and restaurants alone. The very thought of that frightens me. I even have a friend who frequently hikes alone. That is just dreadful to me, I would be so paranoid that I would break my ankle in the middle of the woods somewhere or be attacked by an animal and no one would be there to help and it would be days before I would ever be found. Although I did have a nice weekend away by myself, I still would not do any of those other things alone. I would travel alone again, but I would not make it a regular thing, as I am a very social person and I just need to have someone to talk to…

It felt nice to be in a place without tv, computers, radio, people that I know; no distractions. One thing I realized is that I am always rushing around to get to the next thing. I am very fast at everything I do, driving, thinking, reading, working, etc. Slow is just not a speed that I ever function in, but that may not always be a good thing. We live is a very fast-paced society and with technology, things keep getting faster. I never really stop and enjoy the moment, enjoy what is already here. I am always thinking about what I have to do next, where I need to be; how I will get there and how long it will take to get there. But what the hell am I rushing for and where the hell are any of us really going anyway? One of the things I know I need to work on is enjoying this moment, being more present in my own life. Because all we really have is this moment, the past is gone forever and tomorrow may just never come.

1 comment:

  1. I like going to the movies by myself, although I haven't done that in quite some time. You just need that "Me Time" once in a while

    ReplyDelete