Welcome to my blog! I am not much for following the new fads, but I do have a lot to say so I figure this would be a great medium to disperse my thoughts into the world. Depending on my schedule, I am going to try to write about a different topic each day. Topics will range from news stories to whatever the heck pops into my head on a given day, and believe me a lot of stuff pops into this head. I hope you enjoy a look at the world according to me…



Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Back to Reality

Well Nashville was a great city and I would certainly go there again. I now know what a honky-tonk is and it is awesome! Free live music, great band playing after great band, playing only for tips. Dancing, singing and requesting songs all night long. Broadway and 2nd Ave. felt like Disney land to me! I am a huge music fan and love live bands so this was like heaven to me. I also enjoyed the Country Music Hall of Fame, the Nash Trash Tour is a must for anyone going to the music city, and the visit to Lynchburg was great also. Overall, the food was reasonably priced and yummy.

The only bad thing about vacation is that it has to end. Back to reality, and my reality isn’t very joyous right now. I am certainly learning a lot about the people around me and realizing the term ‘friend’ has been way too loosely applied to many, many people. It is really amazing how once I stopped being the one to make all the social plans, trying to get people together, going out of my way for other people to celebrate birthdays and special events, trying to reach out and make new friends, suddenly my social calendar is empty and no one is reaching out to me…hint taken!

4 comments:

  1. Hey! Give me a couple of days to catch up on the house/yard work and start my semester and then we shall go out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know - I was just giving you something to put in your social calendar ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, you know my issues and the State of Massachusetts, hehehe. Let me know the next time you're in RI!! LOL

    ReplyDelete